Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Linking up with Farley @ ohboy3rdgrade for the new year Currently.  So here goes:


I am listening to the weather:  Will there be a snow day tomorrow??  or will it just be a cold rain??  I hate cold rain!  But that's probably what will happen!!!  We will see.

I am loving my roomba AGAIN!  My son that is an mechanical engineering student gave me a roomba for Christmas a few years ago but the battery had died, so this year he gave me a new battery pack and I have loved putting it to work again!  Yea!  It goes under the bed and the hutch and rounds up all those dust bunnies that I don't find!  It is great!

I am thinking and reflecting on all my blessings!  Feeling so blessed to be a child of the King and know the real reason for the season.  I feel sad for those that don't have the greatest gift of all, eternal life from Christ Jesus.  Love, love, love my family, they are all the best!  And my job is a real blessing and a calling for me.  Teaching isn't  the most finanically rewarding career but the daily rewards of working with children is amazing.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am wanting my house to undecorated itself!!!  Can't that Roomba take down a Christmas tree???

I am needing to prep for back to school because I go back to my kiddos tomorrow!!  And next week I will be leading a PD at my school!!  Ayee!  Glad I didn't stress over this during the holiday but now let the stress begin!!

Love that my 3 children age 22, 18 and 12 are all here at home, healthy and happy!  Bittersweet feelings thinking about my middle son, this is his senior year and next year he should be off at college like his older brother.  Boy I will miss him!!  Savor every moment!!   

Happy new year to all!  Best wishes for only the best for all in 2014!!  Wow!  I can't believe it is already 2014!!!  My new year's resolution is to be the BEST me that I can be each day!  That sounds simple but when you really think about it that is very demanding!!  So here's to a new year and a new beginning!  


3 comments:

  1. Aw. I have a senior this year too and I am excited for her, but apprehensive for me, I am not ready for her to leave the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often remind myself that "my treasures are in heaven." Those who teach aren't in it for the money but the satisfaction of helping a child reach it's full potential. This is the first year that we don't return to school on the 2nd, we go back on Monday and this 2 week vacation was well earned! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I love your blog! I think with my 3 kitty cats... I need a Rumba too. Have a great rest of the week!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...